Going dark for a little while here at Tombo’s blog. Regular programming to resume in a week or two.
Y’all be good! ;)
I can’t believe I actually remembered to take pictures of a meal! So I figured I would share the wealth.
What we have going on in this photo:
- Pork tenderloin medallions which were coated in a nice cinnamon/clove/nutmeg/onion/garlic/salt/pepper spice mixture. Then quick seared in a hot pan with oil.
- Topped in a red current jelly sauce that came into being by deglazing the pork pan with 1 jar of red current jelly, and ~1 cup low-sodium chicken stock, then allowed to thicken.
- Helping to soak up that sauce is a pile of garlic / pine nut couscous, topped with some fresh grated parm cheese. This was just a box of couscous that I added fresh garlic and parm to. Super easy.
- Opposite is a veggie mix of purple onion, baby bella mushrooms, and zucchini, all slow sauteed in a bit of butter with garlic, salt and pepper to taste.
- Some cheap french bread toasted with some butter.
Yeah, it totally tasted better than it looks. Highly recommend this meal to all.
From last week’s hike into the Sierra Prietta mountains. Looking out over the Copper Basin.
A little nicer lookout point than this one. And although the time of day wasn’t right for stellar photos, it was just right for a relaxing hike.
The stream bed is dry, but I spy a puddle down in the rocks. I climb down and enjoy being disconnected from the world above, if only for a moment:
A little canyon along Perkinsville road, cut by a stream on its to the Verde River.