Thursday, November 5, 2009

Food… no, really

 

I can’t believe I actually remembered to take pictures of a meal! So I figured I would share the wealth.

 

What we have going on in this photo:

- Pork tenderloin medallions which were coated in a nice cinnamon/clove/nutmeg/onion/garlic/salt/pepper spice mixture. Then quick seared in a hot pan with oil.

 

- Topped in a red current jelly sauce that came into being by deglazing the pork pan with 1 jar of red current jelly, and ~1 cup low-sodium chicken stock, then allowed to thicken.

 

- Helping to soak up that sauce is a pile of garlic / pine nut couscous, topped with some fresh grated parm cheese. This was just a box of couscous that I added fresh garlic and parm to. Super easy.

 

- Opposite is a veggie mix of purple onion, baby bella mushrooms, and zucchini, all slow sauteed in a bit of butter with garlic, salt and pepper to taste.

 

- Some cheap french bread toasted with some butter.

 

Yeah, it totally tasted better than it looks. Highly recommend this meal to all.

3 comments:

Judy said...

So, let us know when you are opening the restaurant! We will be there.

Melissa said...

Tastes better than it looks? It already looks awesome! The pork especially. Great dinner Tom. :)

TomboCheck said...

Jarart - :) A restaurant makes this into work. I much prefer just doing it for fun.

Melissa - Thanks. It's one of those special meals that I fall in love with every time I make it.