Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Chris and Shayla engagement

I was asked to take photos for Chris and Shayla, who recently got engaged. Chris, being my best friend, didn’t have to do too much persuading to make it happen.

 

For shooting locations we decided on Goldwater Lake, Whiskey Row alley, and the old rail bridge on Granite street. The biggest challenge was the wind, which was ridiculous. Equipment was basic. D90, 50mm f/1.8 lens, 18-55 f/3.5-5.6 lens, SB-600 flash used wirelessly, ND filter to get more depth of field in the sunlit shots. 

 

Overall it was a lot of fun. I definitely learned a lot, this being my first portrait shoot.

Here are the results:

 

2 comments:

Catalyst said...

Some very nice shots Tombo.

TomboCheck said...

Thanks Catalyst! For my first portrait shoot I was pretty thrilled to have any usable shots. :)