I can’t believe I actually remembered to take pictures of a meal! So I figured I would share the wealth.
What we have going on in this photo:
- Pork tenderloin medallions which were coated in a nice cinnamon/clove/nutmeg/onion/garlic/salt/pepper spice mixture. Then quick seared in a hot pan with oil.
- Topped in a red current jelly sauce that came into being by deglazing the pork pan with 1 jar of red current jelly, and ~1 cup low-sodium chicken stock, then allowed to thicken.
- Helping to soak up that sauce is a pile of garlic / pine nut couscous, topped with some fresh grated parm cheese. This was just a box of couscous that I added fresh garlic and parm to. Super easy.
- Opposite is a veggie mix of purple onion, baby bella mushrooms, and zucchini, all slow sauteed in a bit of butter with garlic, salt and pepper to taste.
- Some cheap french bread toasted with some butter.
Yeah, it totally tasted better than it looks. Highly recommend this meal to all.