Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Prescott slackliner

There is a growing theory in my life. This theory states that if you spend enough time at a park, you will invariably run into awesomeness. Sure enough, as I was sitting around eating lunch at Granite Creek Park in Prescott a few weeks ago, I see a guy setting up a slackline. And so I did the only sensible thing I could think of… I asked if I could take pictures of him.

 

image

His name is Brenden. He is a gymnast who happened to run into some slackliners a few years ago, and he took to it like a fish to water.

 

But he doesn’t just walk on the line like a lot of folks. He does crazy acrobatic jumps, flips, and dives:

image

 

He also knows the slackliners I met in Austin, which I thought was pretty neat. And so he did tricks as I shutterbugged away:

image

 

Until we both had to leave.

The joys of parks.

No comments: