It’s getting awful quiet around here. I have been remiss in my writing duties. Alas, the spark of creativity refuses to hit, and so the blog goes dormant. This is not to say that I haven’t been doing anything. Rather, it seems that I have been enjoying my day-to-day life so much that writing about it is loses appeal.
So here is a quick update before I get back to my daily biz:
- I’m still working at The Office restaurant, waiting tables. I’m getting good at it, and having a pretty good time doing it as well. It’s fun to deal with the general population, but I sure do miss the outdoorsy-ness of the vineyard.
- Christmas was quiet. I worked on my sister’s truck and cooked dinner at my mom’s house. We did a small gift exchange, and just generally had a good time. Courtney was in Missouri visiting family.
- By new years she was home, so we went to downtown Prescott and drank with friends to celebrate the next 365 days. We watched the first annual boot drop, and then went home and passed out.
- I’m still being all fit and stuff. For a few weeks we had snow out in the woods, so I was out hiking with the dog a few times. We did silly things like make a snowman:
But then all the snow melted, so I’ve reverted to more running, although I’m mixing it up by running in ‘barefoot’ sandals. Still lifting weights, with Courtney, at the Y twice a week as well.
I’ve also been trying to get out for bouldering whenever I have a day off. I did manage to go climbing with some friends who were in from Oregon last week, which was a blast. I even climbed my first 5.9 route, which was neat.
- Other than that, I’ve just been trying to enjoy the quiet moments of life:
Hope everybody out there is loving life.