So this will be a quick one. Basically – I’m holding the status quo of a boring and yet somehow terribly busy life.
- Started reading Anna Karenina. I’m currently about 3/4 of the way through it. Good stuff, but tough reading just like War and Peace.
- Started another ballroom dance class at the college. This time there are only three dances instead of six. I will be learning Rumba, Cha cha, and East coast swing. Definitely looking forward to this. I love me some dancing.
- Foodie-wise: meh. Cooking constantly to save money, but not doing anything terribly creative in the kitchen. Mostly just trying to eat a ‘healthy’ diet to fuel the body for all the exercise I’ve been doing. Sometimes it hits the mark and tastes great, sometimes it’s just food. Lately I’ve had a mean sweet tooth going on as well, which I dislike immensely.
- Exercise – yeah lots of it. Looking to hit a milestone next week of back squatting 175lbs (my body weight) at the gym! That will be kind of a big deal for me, since last time I got close I managed to bugger up my right knee pretty badly. Beyond lifting I’ve been hiking 3-5 times a week, loving every second of this winter weather. Found a few new trails that are nice, and been bushwhacking quite a bit. Also walking on lunch hours, plus the dance class. I try to get one full true rest day per week, but it’s kind of hard. My body just wants to keep moving.
- Photography – I’ve been mildly motivated to go out shooting lately. Mostly with the little G9 on hikes, but on occasion the D90 makes it out with me as well. Pretty much entirely nature pictures lately.
- Emotionally/spiritually – doing pretty well. Haven’t been doing any deep investigations of life or anything lately, so just kind of on cruise control. I’m quite happy with cruise control for now.
- Random otherness
– Chris and I have swapped in a new room mate – a guy we went to high school with. Living with these two is HILARIOUS.
- Throwing Chris a bachelor party at the end of February in Vegas. That should be stupidly fun.
- Mom had to put one of her dogs down, and the other one is going in for hip surgery. No more buddy makes me sad. Not taking Scrappy to mom’s house for dinner until Red is healed also makes me sad.
- I might have a kind-of girlfriend. It’s comically complicated, but enjoyable for the time being.
- Hoping that Granny J gets back up and at ‘em soon. That girl deserves the very best.
So yeah, that’s about all I’ve got. It’s just life, but it’s mine and I’m happy with it. :)