Monday, March 8, 2010

I actually went to a doctor!

I would love to say that this weekend found me running around, hiking, driving, taking photos, and all that good stuff. But the honest truth is I spent most of it in bed, wonky from pain pills.


Last week I was feeling pretty tired, but figured it was simply recovery from too much fun in vegas. Thursday morning I woke up to something entirely different. Fever, nausea, and a ridiculously sore left tonsil. A small flashlight and a mirror showed me that something was wrong with my throat, it was bleeding. And this freaked me out enough to go to a doctor. This is the first time I have gone to see a doc due to illness in about five years.


Turns out I had acute tonsillitis, which was probably the cause of my lack of energy all last week. The infection was most likely agitated by the sinus infection that has been with me for the past month to boot. He prescribed me some Percocet and an antibiotic. The Percocet made me hilariously loopy, so I stopped taking them on saturday, but I’ll continue on the antibiotics until they run out. The swelling has started going down, and the bleeding has stopped so it looks like all is headed in the right direction.


I’m taking a week off of the gym and trying hard to take it easy this week, so posting might be light as well. Hopefully I’ll be up and at ‘em next week! :)


quilteddogs said...

Yuck. Sounds bad. Get well.

Catalyst said...

Take care of yourself, Tombo!

Chickenbells said...

I'm telling you Tom...whatever this crap is just moves from infection to infection...I've been sick for a month now, and am s l o w l y working my way back towards health and the other activities in my life...So, I hope you feel better soon and rest as long as you need to. The rest of the world will be here waiting!

TomboCheck said...

Thanks QD and Catalyst!

Sadira - yeah, resting is hard for me. I seem to have an inability to sit still for any duration of time. Case in point: yeah I totally went hiking last night. :)