Sunday, May 15, 2011

What’s next is work. True, actual, paying, work.

But before work, I head up to Flagstaff to see my buddy Ben once again. We drink coffee and tea, we walk around downtown and then we walk around campus. Good times with this guy:

image

 

We eat some good food, and we see some great graffiti:

image

image

 

And then it’s back to Prescott for a few days with mom and with Courtney. Then the first of May rolls around and I pack everything I own into my 4Runner once again.

 

Thankfully, it’s not a long drive. Just over ‘the hill’ to Jerome. I know somebody here go will not only give me a place to stay for a while, but is also willing to help me get some work. That person is Nikki, my sister. And so for a few days I putz around this little mining town until she hooks me up with some work in a field.

 

A field full of these:

image

 

Which, when you step back a bit, look more like this:

image

 

Yes, my sister got me work in the vineyards of Arizona. So, for a week now, I’ve been learning the ropes of skilled labor among the vines. Digging holes, planting vines, pruning, trellising, picking up rocks, and all sorts of fun stuff like that.

 

I'm working under the awesome sunshine, using my muscles, and sweating my butt off. And I’m loving it. I’m not really sure how long all of this will last. Definitely a few weeks, possibly a few months. When it’s done, I’m not sure what the next step is, but for now I know that I am enjoying the hard work, and hopefully making ‘enough’ money to float me through whatever comes my way.

No comments: