Sunday, May 15, 2011

After week one of hard work, what’s a boy to do?

The idea is that, on weekends, I’ll drive back to Prescott and spend time with my girl Courtney. And so Saturday morning as her and I prepare to get coffee we get an invite to a friends house. From there, we get an invite to go rock climbing. How can we say no?

 

She has a few friends driving up from Phoenix, and so after we meet up with them we all head out to a place called the “Promised Lands”. Thankfully, they have enough spare gear for me to be able to climb, and since this is my second time ever trying this sport, they take it pretty easy on me. I have a great time clinging to the side of a rock, wondering where the heck to put my hands a feet:

image

 

And then I scamper around with the camera, trying to taking pictures of the other climbers. Of course there was my favorite gal:

image 

image

 

And her friend Kimberly:

image 

 

And the crew from Phoenix:

image

image

image

image

 

 

All told, we spent about three hours out there before Court and I packed it in for the day. A great time, and a darn good group of folks to hang out with.

No comments: