Monday, November 3, 2008

Pictures of the square

Some pictures of the square getting setup for the rally tonight:

 

Bucky is surrounded by crates and light setups. Behind him sits some bleachers, which are no doubt reserved for the big wigs:

 

 

Seating with power outlets. I'm guessing for all the reporters which will be furiously typing away as the shindig goes on:

 

One lighting setup on a crane, and two more in the background along the walls:

 

Building the speaking platform yesterday with the flag in the background:

 

And the finished platform this morning:

4 comments:

Catalyst said...

I stopped by there this afternoon, too, as they were testing the sound system. Why can't those guys ever think of anything to say except "Check, check, one, two, check, check, one, two."

TomboCheck said...

Catalyst - the last person that was creative with the MIC check got canned. :)

Chickenbells said...

Doesn't the square look all patriotic all dressed up like that? Too bad I can't stay up past 9...although the close buzzing of helicopters kind of interrupted my sleep, so I probably could have gone down. I just kind of wanted to people watch and see who was working themselves up into a frenzy...I'm sure both sides were represented...

TomboCheck said...

Sadira - I liked the flag, but the rest of it was a bit of an eyesore. The lights up on the cranes, the gating to keep people in their place, etc just didn't quite fit the 'Everybody's hometown' feel for me. :)