So i have found a number of things that make being the IT guy not so bad:
1. My internet doesn't get blocked
2. I get to read all the funniest emails before i block them
3. I get to play with all the newest toys (and get a free laptop to use!)
4. When it is slow, i can play games; nobody else can!
5. I get to drive around to different offices = time away from desk = good.
6. I can mess with people
7. I can sit with a printer torn to pieces on my desk, and people assume that i am VERY busy and shouldn't be bothered.
8. Scheduling vacation is easy, because there are only 3 IT guys, and we rarely want the same days off.
9. I get two monitors to work on.
10. Overtime for easy things. I have to restart the servers - cant do that with people here, so i have to wait till after hours to hit the restart button