Friday, October 23, 2009

Pic of the day

I needed to escape last night. Get out, turn my brain off, click the shutter a few times, and maybe just relax a bit.

 

Somewhere between Prescott and Prescott Valley there is a road that very few people know about. It is a road that even fewer people are willing to drive down. Even with the truck in low-range going 5 miles an hour, the bumps are enough to give you whiplash. And they don’t stop at all for the twenty minutes it takes to reach the end of the trail.

 

Where does it lead? Nowhere. It simply ends at the top of a little hill overlooking both cities. It is a road whose sole seeming existence is to give the hardy a nice view at sunset.

 

I setup the camera and watched as day descends into a fiery sunset, then quietly mellows into a pastel evening. Yes, this is what I wanted. This is what I needed.

Relaxation creeps in around me, envelopes me.

2 comments:

Catalyst said...

Makes me think of Israel. I've never been there but it does.

TomboCheck said...

Hmmm... I've never even seen pictures of Israel.