Friday, August 27, 2010

Life is a beach

So, after I left Steve ad Melissa I headed north (duh!) along the coast.  I drove through Lumpoc, California which was festooned with murals. Here are the two that I liked the most:

image

image

 

I drove through farmland, which was a sensory overload for me. Bright green fields mixed with brown fields, and yellow mountains. The smells were great, me and the dog both stuck our heads out the window for a bit. How can you not love it?

image

 

Eventually it got to be that time when finding a spot for the night becomes the priority, and so I turned off at the first camping sign I saw: Pismo Beach/Oceano OHV area. Which apparently, is the last park where you can drive your vehicle right up on the sand. Which I did. Talk about an amazing view for camp:

image

 

It was cold and windy, the neighbors were loud and annoying, but I just sat with my camera through sunset and enjoyed the scenery:

image

image

image

 

Eventually I had to move my camp further up the beach, as the high tide crossed the ‘roadway’ and got closer to me than I was comfortable with. Then it was a night spent listening to an assorted mix of unpleasant music from the neighboring camp, and shouting for dogs let loose in the night. Entertaining, but not exactly restive. I woke up with the sun, worked out on the beach, then packed everything up and headed to Big Sur.

No comments: