Tuesday, August 31, 2010

A weekend in San Francisco

I got to San Fran mid-day, and my friend here didn’t get off work until eight, so I had some time to kill. I drove around downtown for three hours, boggling at big buildings and crazy hills, crazy traffic, crazy people. I went to Golden Gate Park to let the dog run off some energy. I went over the Golden Gate Bridge to the ‘scenic outlook’. This outlook provides one of the worst angles I can imagine on such a nice long and lovely span. I am unimpressed:

image

 

I call my friend Courtney to let her know I’m in town, she tells me of a better view. I'm thrilled with how much better it is:

image

 

The dog and I sit at this beach for hours, reading, writing, photographing, walking. Totally relaxing. We even watch a hawk as it sits stationary in the sky, riding a current of air off the ocean:

image

 

Night falls and while I wait for her to get off of work she recommends a nearby hike, which gives a scenic look over the city:

image

 

Once she is home we walk to Dolores park which is the base of operations for all the fun shenanigans in the area. We sit and drink a few beers, catch up, and then walk home. The next day we return to the park to do some slack lining. I’m no good, but the folks she hangs out with sure are:

image

image

image

 

While we are at the park we are also treated to a capoeira group:

image

 

As well as an impromptu dance party:

image

image

 

Another day, we go to Albany Bulb, which had some fascinating sculptures:

image

image

image

 

Thanks a million to Courtney and her awesome roomates for having me and the dog over for the weekend and showing me around the place!

My hostess:

image

No comments: