Sunday, December 5, 2010

St. Petersburg

A quick stop in this city, I’m just checking it out for my friend Chris. Another place he is considering living. I cross a lovely bridge into the town. The lady at the fishing pier office doesn’t even charge me to drive out on the pier to take a picture:

image

 

Walking around we spot a hermit crab:

image

 

It’s a pretty nice little city. All the basic amenities, a nice downtown district, etc. We stay in town for one night, and watch as the sunset colors the marina:

image 

 

We check out the ‘snow fest’ the next day where they manufacture snow which lasts for a few scant hours. It’s hard for me to imagine that this is the closest that some kids will ever get to real snow:

image

 

We leave shortly thereafter, on the road again. I’m hoping to be in Louisiana by the end of the weekend. I want to see New Orleans during the week before heading up to see dad again.

No comments: