Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Pic of the day

My mom came over for dinner last night and showed me this photo that a friend of the family had given her of her parents. Not sure of the exact age of the photo, but my guess would be late fifties or early sixties.

I scanned the original faded photo and cleaned it up a bit, and cropped it so I can get it printed tomorrow for her:

 

Considering that I am no photoshop magician for old photos, I think it turned out pretty good compared to the original:

2 comments:

Chickenbells said...

WHOA!! That looks A LOT better than the original...and this isn't from someone who read the Scott Kelby book...good work!

TomboCheck said...

Thanks Sadira. :) Mom was totally jazzed when I gave her the prints.

I'm sure there was a lot of stuff that could have made it better, but fixing a lot of the noise and scratches was my biggest priority. I should be getting more practice in the not-too-distant future, as I have asked for her to dig up more old family pictures.