Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Me time

At least a few mornings a week I find myself sitting in my favorite little coffeehouse, scribbling away in a little black notebook, sipping a coffee.

 

The scribbling is more for peace of mind than anything else. A release of anything that gets stored and kept but needs to be released.

 

The music that comes out of the small tinny speakers may not be the highest fidelity, but it catches my attention more than any other time because of the few distractions around me. I sit and simply appreciate my surroundings.

 

A quick look at my watch reminds me that the work day is starting soon, and I best arrive early. I head out the door with a quick farewell to the employees.

 

This is the time that I keep for myself; the time that leaves me refreshed and ready to face the day ahead.

 

The song that caught my attention today:

No comments: