Wednesday, September 3, 2008

*Exasperated Sigh Here*

Went to turn on the camera this morning, and got.... nothing. No lens extension, no display on the screen, not even a grinding noise to tell me there was a definite problem.

 

Replace the battery, try it without the memory card, manually trip the battery door sensor, verify battery contacts are touching posts. All to no avail. So, I currently have a shiny black brick that looks an awful lot like a camera, but serves only as a paper weight.

 

Time to email Canon and get another repair ticket setup. Hopefully this one will be covered under warranty at least.

10 comments:

Chickenbells said...

Oh no!! I will cross my fingers for you..

TomboCheck said...

Thanks Sadira! It's already looking up, since I won't have to pay the $35 for shipping this time around. :) They are sending me a prepaid mailing label.

Granny J said...

Yeah, all very fine & good but to Be Without for even more days is a bummer.

TomboCheck said...

GrannyJ - indeed it is a bummer. But on the brighter side - at least it worked long enough to go on the photowalk!

Melissa said...

Not.Cool.

Even with the warranty in effect and it being taken care of, it does suck to be without. I would freak (but for my food photos, of course).

TomboCheck said...

Melissa - I'm going to call it a nice little break from photography, allowing me to focus on some other creative endeavors for a week or two. :)

And if the need gets too bad I can always borrow the SD800 from D. :)

Daly said...

I hate it when I think I've said (written) something but I didn't. That sucks to be without a camera for one moment. I hope all goes well for you and your camera. When I was without, I used the camera on my phone because there's no way I was going to draw my life.

TomboCheck said...

Daly - I'm geeky enough that there are ALWAYS spare cameras around the house. :) So if I really start having withdrawals I can always go out and snap a few exposures. :P

Daly said...

I know who to come to when I'm ready to get a big camera!

TomboCheck said...

Daly - :P I'll help in any way I can.