My friend Daryn made his annual holiday pilgrimage to Prescott, and I had the pleasure of getting to spend some time with him (he is a surprisingly busy guy while on vacation). Him and Becky (his lovely other half) came out to our house for dinner (a big mexican spread) the night before we left for Mexico.
We also managed to fit in a long lunch at Rooster's Cafe, a dinner at Thai House Cafe (a yearly tradition) and some coffee at the Wild Iris Cafe:
When Daryn is around conversations are always fierce, full of speculation, and wildly random.
This time around conversation topics included
- the moral implications of genocide
- stopping busy life to enjoy all the small things around you (including an awesome garage band practicing in an upstairs apartment with the window open)
- the creation and execution of fantasies
- the correlation between manliness and the ability to eat spicy food
- the source of addiction
- the proper time to drink coffee
- animal cruelty
- the possibility of attaining happiness
Thanks for some great food for thought Daryn, and hope you guys had a safe flight home!