Friday, September 3, 2010

Fort Bragg

Unfortunately while in Frisco I managed to come down with a minor case of the flu. As I drove northward the fever made me a bit disoriented. I zigged when I should have zagged, and shortely thereafter found myself lost totally on some random county road. Eventually I found a place to pull the truck over and crawled in the back for a night filled with fever dreams, sweats, and tossing and turning. Three AM rolled around and I decided to keep moving.

 

When I pulled into Fort Bragg I knew it would be the place for me for the night. I knew this because gas prices were only $3.04! An easy ten cents cheaper than any other city so far. I walked around downtown, went to the local beaches, found the local parks, took Scrappy to a dog park to play with other four legged furries, and just generally slowed down a bit. It was great. I treated myself to a dinner of pizza and wine, and it was awesome. I made small talk with another traveler who was in the process of writing a book, very interesting to me. After dinner I went down to the beach to take sunset photos. It was cold, but the scenery was hard to beat:

image

 

Then it was time to turn in for the night. I didn’t see any ‘no parking overnight’ signs around, so just went ahead and parked downtown. Didn’t get hassled by anybody, slept like a log. Woke up, went to a local coffee shop, did some laundry, went to a park to work out, went and bought sandwich goods at the store, and just generally had a chill day. And I liked it enough I decided to stay a second night. I went to a local dive bar, found out wednesdays are DEAD in Fort Bragg, played a few games of pool by myself, then parked downtown again for the night.

 

Then it was off to the redwoods.

No comments: