Monday, September 20, 2010

Max!

In Montana at last. Not sure why exactly. I’ve heard it’s pretty. I contact my friend’s brother Max, who lives in Bozeman. Max and I have hung out a few times, long ago, but haven’t talked in a long time. I was looking forward to catching up with him.

 

I rolled into Bozeman a bit late, mostly because I kept stopping to take photos:

image

 

I called Max, but he was in school. I went to the local brewery and drank a few beers, found a wal-mart and passed out. The next day I went for a hike while waiting for him to get out of class. I found a beautiful and easy trail called the ‘Bangtail Divide’. The views were pretty nice:

image

 

After the hike Max was out and we met up. Had a great time talking photography (which he’s going to school for up here in lovely Montana) and looking through some projects. Then he gave me a tour of the MSU campus, which we rode to on a tandem bicycle (a first for me):

image

 

After that we played some foosball, worked on his truck (I’m a sucker for doing ‘man stuff’), met a few of his friends, watched his room mate as he worked in a bakery (awesome!), and just generally had a great time. 

 

A few more beers and it was portrait time. I took one exposure test, and one ‘real’ shot. Focus? Who needs it! Proper light? It’s for the birds! Thank goodness I don’t pretend to be a pro. :)

image

 

The next day it was a jog, and then off to take a dip in my first hot springs. And then my plans changed a bit, as I realized just how close I was to Yellowstone National Park…

3 comments:

AJ said...

Yay Yellowstone! Really looking forward to your pictures from there.

quilteddogs said...

Oh yeah, be sure to see the Grand Canyon of the Yellowstone. If you go a little furher south, you will be near the Grand Tetons which is also an awe inspiring place.

TomboCheck said...

AJ - consider it done. Go to my flickr page to see them all. :)

QD - I did see the canyon - Kind of. Smoked in from a fire unfortunately. I plan on coming back through here again next year, starting at the Tetons, so I can get more of the whole experience.