Tuesday, September 14, 2010

I actually did get to see Mt. St. Helens

Just not from the correct side of the state. I ended up finding a wind farm with a visitor’s center. It was the Wild Horse Wind Energy Center. Why did I go there? I don’t really know. Perhaps it was the huge rainbow ‘Open’ flag on the side of a highway, that didn’t tell me what was open but promised something eye catching. Indeed, there were the requisite, and eye catching, wind turbines:

image

 

And if you positioned your camera carefully, you could get all artsy, and frame some lovely mountains within those turbines. This might allow you to think you are at least a mediocre photographer, until you realize how much more impactful it would be to get those wind turbines higher up in the composition:

image

 

Thankfully, I don’t have to worry about all that artsy stuff, because I just wanted a picture of Mt. St. Helens, which was much smaller than the postcards promised, but very pretty nonetheless:

image

 

I also watched the site’s presentation on wind energy and the site that they were at, the turbines they used and all that good stuff. It was interesting, but alas I still had some miles to cover.

No comments: