Friday, October 29, 2010

And then it was southward, towards Dad

 

With stops at places such as Elephant Rocks state park in Missouri. It’s almost exactly like the granite dells in Prescott, except the granite is pink.

image

 

And even though this isn’t the reason for the name, I did find a rock that looked strikingly like an elephant’s head (to me at least):

image

 

This site was originally a quarry, and so everywhere there are busted up pieces of granite. Just the thing for a silly boy like me to stack for no apparent reason:

image

 

The pros also stacked rocks, although they made a pretty house out of theirs:

image

 

I also stopped at the Johnson Shut-Ins, which was a mad house of kids playing in rocks that I would think were dangerous. Maybe their parents are trying to get rid of them? If I imagine the place without all the people, it is a very pretty area:

image

 

And a little photoshop can remove the unwanted peoples from my images:

image

 

I also checked out Blue Spring, which was the bluest water I have EVER seen. It was kind of entrancing, and photos simply don’t do it justice:

image

 

From there I meandered down to the Buffalo river area, let the dog play in the water as I hiked around, and just generally tried to enjoy a beautiful day:

image

image

 

After all this nature stuff, it was time to head to padre’s house. And so I found myself in Fort Smith Arkansas on Sunday afternoon.

No comments: