Sunday, January 30, 2011

Santa Fe

I pull into Santa Fe and the dog is antsy. He’s been in the truck while I was hiking Bandelier, he needs out. So I park in the first free parking area I find and start following the signs of downtown Santa Fe to the ‘historic plaza.’

 

There is a pretty church:

image

 

There is a capitol building:

image

 

And another church:

image

 

This church has some great sculptures near it:

image

image

image

 

I meander around the historic section for a while, and am impressed by the high volume of art in the area.

image

image

Heck, even the building entrances are more artistic here:

image

 

And there were artists, selling their goods on the plaza:

image

 

So we meandered around for around two hours before going to find a coffee shop where I could sit for a while, edit photos, and just be off my feet.

 

Then it was a night spent in the ‘big box’ section of town where are all huge stores are. Woke up, went for another small walk downtown, then headed out. It was time to meet up with my friends in Albuquerque again.

No comments: