Thursday, January 20, 2011

Tsé Biiʼ Ndzisgaii

also known as: Monument Valley. I drive through the rest of the reservation and start seeing big rocks:

image

 

I enter the monument valley tribal park, but there is an entrance fee, more than I want to pay to see some rock, so I continue driving, stopping along the highway as I go to take random pictures:

image

 

The sights are beautiful, if a bit far away:

image

 

Again, hard to complain about this scenery and light:

image

 

From Monument Valley, I proceeded through Mexican Hat in Utah,  where there was this goofy balanced rock sitting out in the desert (apparently it looks like an inverted sombrero)":image

 

Where I turned off randomly at a sign proclaiming “Valley of the Gods”, with an introductory view of ‘the seven sailors’:

image

 

I drove until the ground got soupy and the truck started fishtailing. Turned around once I got to a random tree stump standing up:

image

 

From Valley of the Gods it was north again towards Canyonlands National Park and Moab.

1 comment:

Warren said...

outstanding pictures!