Monday, November 8, 2010

Chattanooga Tennessee

That’s where I went for the halloween weekend. I bought a cheap priest’s costume from the store, and looked up the local info on the Chattanooga Pulse website. It listed a concert going on that night, and since I’ve never been to one, I decided that this was my weekend to do it. I bought a ticket, and decided to meander around the town.

 

I really enjoyed the main street part of town, which is currently being gentrified. Lots of broken buildings with great ideas moving in. Although we checked out the whole city, and walked around most of it, this was the part that appealed most to me.

 

I found a dog park and took the dog there for a few hours, met a few really friendly people who gave me some ideas of where to go in town to have a good time. I worked out in the beautiful warm weather that they were having, and then I dressed up and went to the concert friday night. It was mediocre at best. The sound and light setup were great, the space was awesome, the talent was lacking. It was, however, a costume-required type of party and so I really enjoyed seeing everybody else in all their holiday getups. The beer was free, and it’s hard to have a bad time with free beer and costumed people.

 

Saturday I spent almost all day walking around. Took a few pictures, but mostly just enjoyed the movement and sights. Night fell and I decided to go people watching in the touristy section of town. Unfortunately, I wasn’t up for as late of a night as they were, and got sleepy from all the walking before all the fun started. I went to bed around nine thirty.

 

Sunday I was up and decided to hit the road again. I was heading towards another park –the great smokies!

 

image 

image

image

image

image

image

image

No comments: