Monday, November 15, 2010

Sooo…. Boston

I arrived in Boston mid-afternoon and had a few hours to kill before meeting up with my cousin Lori. I walked around the Cambridge area, I saw some pretty buildings and even a bridge or two:

image

 

Then I met up with Lori, who I haven’t seen in many years. We went out to a great restaurant for dinner (chicken cordon bleu) and a few brews, then went home and bought a six pack. We talked of family, we got to know each other over again. The conversations were great, and we had a total blast!

image

 

The next day my old room mate Steve flew in from New Hampshire to hang out. We walked around downtown Boston for an entire day. We had fun people watching, checking out a little graffiti, drinking coffee, and just wandering aimlessly. We went to a brewery for a tasting, but they were closed. We went to a local irish pub for burgers and beer, then wandered the streets some more. It was a fun day that left my feet sore, and me happy to head back to Lori’s house once he headed back to the airport.

 

From there Lori and I went to the store, got some supplies, and then I cooked some fajitas up for her and a friend. More great conversation and a little pumpkin pie was had before we all collapsed in exhaustion.

 

It was a lot of fun getting to know my cousin, as well as see Steve. Come morning time though, it was time to head to New York!

No comments: