Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Instincts

Often I have wondered if Scrappy-Doo would cut it as a cattle dog. If, at some level, he knows that those animals which tower over him are at his command should he ever be loosed upon them.

 

I have to wonder no more.  This weekend we went for a drive. I stopped to take some pictures of a herd of cattle that were about 100 yards away. I figured scrappy would hang with me.

 

I was wrong.

 

This guy:

 

Took off like a shot after those cows. What was once a calm and peaceful progression of bovines quickly became a dust cloud of running beef products.

 

Thankfully he listens pretty well, and was soon trotting happily back towards the truck. A sense of accomplishment seemed to be radiating out of him… or maybe that was just my imagination.

 

I guess he did get the heeler instincts after all. :)

3 comments:

Brandy Young said...

We had a Heeler when I was growing up and it was never around cattle but it definitely had natural born instincts. It was constantly nipping at our heels/ankles!

NeceLynn said...

good for Scrappy, you get those cows!

TomboCheck said...

Brandy - I had an idea that he would take to cattle easily. We had the same heeling problem with running kids when we first got him.

D - yeah, he was pretty psyched. I was a little nervous...