Monday, June 8, 2009

What an adventure

Saturday me and some friends went Salt River Tubing. Good times were had, even though the sun never came out from behind the clouds and we were shivering for a good portion of the trip. We spent a little over five hours floating downstream, and and it positively flew by. Talk about a wild bunch of folks out there. There were marshmallow wars, people with water guns, floating barbecue shacks, and a whole lot of drunk people.

 

Personally I was probably in the water as often as I was on my tube. Something about being around water just makes me want to swim. So I played Mr. Tugboat for our group, trying to keep us away from trees and away from the shallows. It didn’t always work out, and I’ve got a few nice bruises to show for it. Talk about some good exercise though! I haven’t been this sore in a long time.

 

We are hoping to make the trip again later in the summer, when it might be a little warmer.

 

image

^ Like a retarded fish to water ^

4 comments:

Melissa said...

Love your grin. :) I'm a water baby too. Love swimming so much.

Glad you had a nice time!

TomboCheck said...

Melissa - Yeah, I had every intention of being a lazy bum and chilling on the tube the whole trip. That lasted all of 30 minutes. :)

Chickenbells said...

In all my years in Az I've never actually been tubing...Something about the way the sun reacts with my skin...I'm like an Irish lobster to water...

TomboCheck said...

Sadira - That's why god made SPF 75! Enough layers of that and the sun doesn't stand a chance. :) I was totally expecting to get burned, but I think I ended up whiter than when we started.