Thursday, January 17, 2008

Alley walk and cars.

A short alley walk this time, but I was struck by the interesting vehicles that you can see around our little town.

 

First you have an old beat-up truck, with top-exit exhaust, and what was once a flatbed by the looks of it. A workhorse for sure:

 

Next up we have a two British cars. First a Triumph Spitfire MkIV (if i'm not mistaken), from the early 1970s. Not the sportiest of the Spitfire generations, but one that survived the decades fairly well:

 

Then we have an MG Midget MkIII, which had a sweet 65hp which was only slightly less powerful than it's Mini Cooper brother.

 

As you might see in the background in the last photo, this person also has a very oddly-painted C1 Chevy Corvette:

Also note the (I believe..) 60's era Chevy Impala in the forground. This man like his old cars:

 

Alley Walking Photoset

4 comments:

Mike said...

I'm going to go have to check the bible on this one, but I am pretty sure that painting a Corvette like that is a very very grave sin.

I wish I had a flat bed truck like that to ride around in.

TomboCheck said...

Yeah, the paint job is ridiculous. But I bet at some point during the car's ~50 year life that those colors were totally hip!

Granny J said...

Actually, I think that art cars are a fairly recent phenomenon.

TomboCheck said...

Granny J - very true! I'm not sure if this is supposed to be an art car or if somebody at some time just thought that it was a cool paint job?

Guess we would have to ask the owner. :)