Wednesday, March 19, 2008

An american staple

 

It's that time of the year. The sun is out later, and the weather is warmer. A perfect time to fire up the grill!

 

Hoping and praying that I was still on good terms with my grill, I turned the propane nob, twisted the burner knobs, and lit a match. Sweet sweet fiery goodness ensued.

 

It turns out that my grill not only remembers me, but has been longing for a little time alone with me. I didn't have a lot of time to dedicate to her, but the time we did have was good. The aromatic smell of herb covered steaks cooking, the sizzling sound of protein introduced to flame, the duo-tone of sear marks and cooked meat.  Yeah, I'm glad it's grilling season again.

 

The steak was complimented by some roasted garlic butter, some corn on the cob, and some herby-peppery mashed potatoes.

 

A little taste of the season to come. :)

No comments: