Friday, March 14, 2008

A simple dinner

Normally this meal wouldn't warrant a post. It was just a simple dinner. Some angel hair pasta tossed with roasted garlic, olive oil, pecorino cheese, and some lemon juice.

Nothing fancy, and not the type of thing that I even remember a week later. So why post about it today?

 

Simply put: the bread. Take some basic rolls from safeway, add with some amazing compound butter and you get a hunk of bread that you will remember a week later.

 

So what is the magic to the butter? Subtlety! First I roasted a head of garlic, then I got the butter (one small stick) soft in the microwave. While waiting on the garlic I tossed a small amount of pepper, generic 'italian seasoning' , some basil, some rosemary, and a squirt of lemon juice into the butter. Once the garlic was done, I minced up about 5 cloves and folded it into the butter, then set the whole shebang into the fridge to set for a few minutes.

 

Spread on a roll, throw under the broiler for just a minute or two, and bada-bing! Magic Tasty Bread!

3 comments:

Mike said...

Sounds good. We make garlic bread that is somewhat similar Nothing fancy about the bread, but a little garlic butter and some grated asiago cheese and you got some seriously good garlic bread.

meggie said...

I never buy pre prepared garlic bread- loath it. This sounds close to they way I make it, & we like some fresh herbs in there too.

TomboCheck said...

Mike and Meggie - Sounds like you both have winning recipes to me! :)