Thursday, March 13, 2008

A lunch hour stroll

Today's lunch hour found me wandering around Prescott once again. Some items of interest:

 

The PFAA building, which resides in the old Sacred Heart Church building near down-town:

 

These little flowers (don't know the name) have started blooming on the side of the street:

 

A colorful religious statuette on a porch down N. Virginia St.:

 

From there it was a trip through the Yavapai College campus. First off, the scoreboard for the Roughrider Baseball field:

 

And then I stumbled on something I had never seen before, which is kind of amazing since I spent 4 years at this college, the Sculpture Garden.

 

A tin lizard (I think):

 

A dry fountain made from something green (I'm guessing it's copper?) I bet it is great when it is running:

 

Some wind catchers:

 

Some skinny statues that (for some reason) remind me of the ones my grandpa used to make (which don't look anything like this):

 

And a big shiny metal thing!:

 

Not too shabby for an hour's worth of time. :)

The rest of the photos are bundled into the Prescott Walking Photoset.

1 comment:

Mike said...

Looks like an hour well spent to me.