Friday, March 7, 2008

A new toy, plus photoshop goodness.

I love when UPS shows up for me.

Today they had a greatly improved memory card for me! From 2GB to 8GB!

 

That should take care of my new RAW workflow (which means ~14MB for each photo). Now I just have to decide if I want to start archiving my RAW files, and eating away at my available hard drive space.

 

And, for anybody interested, the photomerge tool in Photoshop CS3 is much improved over CS2.

A 3-shot vertical panoramic of the Ken Lindley field gate:

A little bit of weird shading around the tree on the left, but no obvious stitch lines that I can see.

5 comments:

Kitty said...

Whoa! You're going to get a LOT of pictures on that memory card! x

TomboCheck said...

:) I can get about 600 RAW files. And probably 2-3 thousand in 8MP jpeg files. It's probably overkill, but at least I'll not be left wanting for space for a long time.

Linda G. said...

I've been having fun catching up on posts I've missed here. I haven't had much time for reading or posting lately. I had a very good time and still have a couple of videos to watch, but life is nagging me:( Your post on The Great Western Trail was interesting and your pictures great:)
I haven't made that Perkinsville loop for years and the Trail is new to me.

Chickenbells said...

Thats a great shot...and a HUGE memory card!!

TomboCheck said...

SOLB -I hate when life gets to nagging! Generally whenever it happens I just try to go for a drive or a hike. Might not be the 'responsible' way to go through life, but it does wonders for personal happiness! :)

The Perkinsville loop was fun, though the great western trail ate up more time than I would have liked (like 3 hours for less than 30 miles!). I might go up it again in the late spring after all the snow is gone, and follow it all the way to Interstate 40. What I did see was absolutely gorgeous!!

Chickenbells - Thanks! Yeah, it's a pretty big card, but for $40 plus shipping? That was only 5 bucks more than the 4 gig!!