Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Pictureless food

Last week me and DaNece decided to pull a pork loins out of the freezer and stick it in the slow-cooker.

 

All day I thought of how good it would taste, but I didn't have anything to go along with it. The menu was a proverbial blank slate.

 

So I headed over to epicurious and found an AWESOME pear and ginger sauce recipe (I didn't have crystallized ginger, but powdered ginger did the trick just fine).

 

I knew the roast would be spicy (ala the cayenne, paprika, black pepper, and cumin that I added in vast quantities), and this sauce totally complimented it. Nice and sweet with a little bit of acidity.... YUM.

 

And at ten minutes to make the sauce, and only four ingredients (pear, ginger, sugar, and white wine), it was a total breeze to make. So, the next time you make a piggly wiggly dish give this sauce a try, you'll be glad you did!

8 comments:

Catalyst said...

What do you mean - pictureless?

We. Want. Pictures!

TomboCheck said...

I have to admit that, beyond the fact that I was hungry enough to be eating it right out of the pan, this meal simply wasn't pretty. It was a right ugly son of a bitch, and I couldn't be bothered to make it any other way.

So sadly, I didn't even bother taking pictures of it.

AmyOops said...

Just stopping by. Cool Blog
Amy

TomboCheck said...

Thanks for checking me out Amy. :)

Mike said...

We have been grilling pork loins like made lately. Sometimes BBQ'd, sometimes not. Goes great with a little macaroni salad and some fresh vegetables.

Melissa said...

That's funny you mention a sauce for pork loin. Every time I make one now, I am looking for a new sauce for it cause otherwise they can get boring. Thanks for the link!

TomboCheck said...

Mike - I feel ya there! My grill is currently out of propane (and I am a lazy bastard) so we have been cooking inside. It will soon be remedied, because there aint nothin better than a pork loin on the grill for about 2 hours... MMMMMM

Melissa - I'll admit that I don't generally branch out too much once I find something I like. I have been putting pears with my pork in some form since I started cooking, but this sauce was a whole new bag.

Any other recommendations for Pork sauces?

Melissa said...

Not at the moment. That's the problem. I needed suggestions too. ;)